top of page

The Swine Flu

Oink Oink Yes it is true I had the wonderful swine flu also known as H1N1. This was honestly my first time having any kind of flu and I never wish it on anyone! It was not a fun time. Even though some friends emailed me their jealousy of while they are sitting at work and I'm laying in home in bed under covers watching tv/movies all day, but I promise you this my friend if you were there you would NOT have been too jealous.

So last Wednesday morning I woke up with a sore throat. Which just happened to be my 4th sore throat in 2 months. Although I will admit that I'm pretty bad about finishing my medicine so I know thats why I kept getting a sore throat. But when I woke up with it this time I was pretty irritated and decided Okay I am taking ALL of my medicine this time! But then throughout that night and waking up on Thursday I began to cough. By the time I woke up to get ready for work my throat was swollen shut, I was still coughing and I had lost my voice. Knowing that there was no way I could answer phones all day I called in sick to work. The coughing continued throughout the day but I really didnt pay any attention to it. Friday morning I felt like I had been hit by a truck and decided maybe it was time to go to the doctor. Once I got the appt I started trying to clean up and get ready but that's when the hot flashes and cold sweats set in. I was exhausted so Dad ended up driving me to the doctor. I felt horrible. So wonderful Dr.Stephens decided to test me for the flu and strep. This was the 3rd time that I had been tested for both, but they were always coming back negitive so I figured this time it would be the same. 12 mins later she walked back in my room and said okay, you tested positive for Flu A, you have the swine flu. I need you to call your doctors in Maryland and find out how they want me to handle this. They called with the list of medication I needed to start but then added if I wasn't feeling a little better by Saturday then they were going to have to admit me in the hospital. Saturday morning I felt better besides the awful migraine and coughing. I pretty much slept Saturday away, I'm a baby when it comes to headaches. Then Sunday was a little better than Saturday, the headache was gone but the coughing continued. Come to find out coughing is a good sign. When I was at the doctor Friday she told me its not really the flu that I'm worried about, it's the pnemoina that sets in after the flu. So thank you Lord for all the coughing. Luckily we were able to handle everything with medication and I wasn't put in the hospital. I stayed in the bed from Thursday until Tuesday (yesterday). Surprising to me I never got cabin fever. I felt so bad I didnt want to do anything besides lay in bed. I didnt even care about watching tv. Although I did have my computer and phone with me at all times. Thank the good Heavens for Facebook So now it's a week later and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm trying to work today; just a half day so I'm not over doing it. I feel a little out of it, but that's okay.

Thank you all for your prayers!!! You know I love them! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for being out of the loop for the last little bit but now I'm getting back on track. And dont you worry no little piggy is going to hold me down

Recent Posts

See All

By nature I guess I’m what you would call an optimistic person. Although I see myself as a realist optimist. You give me a situation and I’ll give you the bright side. It’s just ingrained in me. But I

So I'm going to start this off with an apology. I was planning on putting this blog out Jan 1st and here we are at Jan 23rd. But there are two things that made this delay happen. Even though it's true

A new year usually means new beginnings. We set goals for ourselves and try to become better people. And there is nothing wrong with that at all. But if you're like me it's pretty much the same goals

bottom of page